The Legislative Affairs Office of Shanghai Municipal People's Government
The Legislative Affairs Office of Shanghai Municipal People¡¯s Government is an organ directly under Shanghai Municipal People¡¯s Government, responsible for the work of government legal affairs for the whole city.
1. being responsible for planning and administrating the work of legal affairs for the Municipal People¡¯s Government, and working out the planning and scheme for systematic promotion of the work of administration according to laws for the Municipal People¡¯s Government;
2. considering, organizing and arranging in an all-round way the legislation of the Municipal People¡¯s Government, working out the mid-term and short-term legislative planning and the annual legislative plan of the Municipal People¡¯s Government, and urging, guiding and organizing relevant departments to implement such planning and plan upon their being approved by the Municipal People¡¯s Government;
3. being responsible for drafting, examining and verifying, and coordinating the government¡¯s legislation; examining and modifying the drafts of rules and regulations reported and sent by all departments to the Municipal People¡¯s Government for approval or the drafts of local rules submitted by them to the Standing Committee of the Municipal People¡¯s Congress for deliberations; organizing the drafting of the drawing up of the drafts of part of important rules and regulations and local statues; participating in the examination of the manuscripts of other municipal normative documents of the Municipal People¡¯s Government from the legal point of view;
4. undertaking the interpretation of the legislation of the rules and regulations of the Municipal People¡¯s Government, coordinating the handling of divergences and contradictions between the application interpretation and the enforcement of local rules and regulations;
5. being responsible for sorting out, and compiling rules and regulations, promulgating and editing the standard version of rules and regulations, and organizing the translation and finalization of the foreign-language version of local rules and regulations;
6. being responsible for examining, affirming, and announcing the qualifications of the administrative law-enforcement subjects in this Municipality, administrating the qualifications of the administrative law-enforcement personnel and checking and issuing law-enforcement certificates, and organizing, promoting, inspecting and implementing the system of administrative law-enforcement;
7. organizing or participating in the inspection on the implementation of laws, rules and regulations; coordinating in settling the contradictions and divergences between the departments of the Municipal People¡¯s Government in implementing relevant laws, rules and regulations;
8. undertaking the filing for the record of the normative documents of all district/county people¡¯s governments and all departments of the Municipal People¡¯s Government.
9. undertaking the handling of the administrative reconsideration cases of the Municipal People¡¯s Government, acting for the Municipal People¡¯s Government in responding to administrative litigation, and undertaking the handling of the administrative indemnity cases involving the Municipal People¡¯s Government;
10. studying general issues in the government¡¯s legislative institution, launching theoretical research and academic exchanges both at home and abroad in the field of legal system; and
11. undertaking the legal affairs and other matters assigned by the Municipal People¡¯s Government.